Thursday, November 29, 2007

Spoons and Trees

Harrison is starting to learn how to use his spoon. This is not something that I am enjoying since it makes such a big mess, but it is a skill he needs to have. Tonight I gave him the whole bowl and I was so proud that the bowl did not end up on the floor and most of the food went in his month even if it all did not get there by way of the spoon.

Well I finally have all my trees up for this year. Harrison has not want to sleep day or night this week so it has taken me a while. I still have a couple of things to get out but we are about done, I hope that John will be home in the daylight some this weekend so we can get a few things up outside.
I was suppose to start making bread today but I have messed it all up and will start over tomorrow. I am going to stick to the story that I just don't think straight with only 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night for over a week. Harrison has taken two naps today so I am praying that he will sleep well tonight. Usually the more he sleeps during the day the better he sleeps at night. He needs a couple of good nights to get back on track. I am missing the nights of just getting up once or twice night with him (the past week he has been waking up 4-8 times a night and getting up early).
We are having a open house at the condo on Saturday so everyone say a little prayer that the right person will come to the open house. I guess that is all that is going on here, nothing exciting, oh we did finish our Christmas shopping today and I have most things wrapped, that makes me happy. We hope everyone has a great weekend, below are a few pictures of some of the trees, I did not get a picture of the in the guest room, I could not get the tree in the craftroom/office to upload here so I will try it next time too.

foyer


Dining room




Living room mantel




Harrison's room





2 comments:

Fred said...

You make Martha Stewart look like a cleaning lady. It is so beautiful. Hope and pray you get cought up on your sleep. Send Harrison to stay with us for a few days.

Hannah Fields said...

hey your trees are beautiful. That would be dale's dream to have so many THEMED trees. I am kinda not a theme person. I think i would like to be I just dont have it in me like he does. Also, i feel your pain on the whole eating thing. Its like a necessary evil. I never let grace eat anything messy right before we are going to go somewhere. So she eats yogurt and applesauce for breakfast or before pj's. by the way, yoplait has a yogurt that is made to stick to kids spoons easier. it really helps. good luck