Monday, May 19, 2008

What a day... and John wonders why I don't get anything done around the house some days...

Some days when John comes home he will say, "What did you do today... the house is turned upside down?" you know this is a bad sign since most days Harrison has long since been in bed when John comes home. I am sure today will be one of those days...





It all started about 2 am this morning. Harrison woke up which is not unusual at, but it was the first time of the night which is a little unusual. I gave him some water and his diaper was very very wet, so I changed it in hopes that he would sleep well the rest of the morning and not have a leaky diaper, which wakes in up most mornings I think. Anyway I changed the diaper and went back to bed. Then a little after 6:00 he was awake again. I found him in not only a wet diaper but a very wet bed. Some how when I changed his diaper I got it twisted inside out, I know I have put on how many diaper at this point. Anyway he was wet, the bed was wet, tag (his blanket) was wet, blankets were wet, you get the picture. So the day started with a diaper, clothes, and bed change.





Then we moved on to breakfast nothing out of the ordinarily until the cat started coughing up a hair ball, the dog went to the bathroom in the floor, then threw up while I was cleaning up his first mess. After that all gets cleaned up and Harrison finished with breakfast I took a load of laundry to Harrison's room and come back to Harrison writing all over my laptop with permanent maker. Now the good news is that the computer was sitting couch and he only wrote on the computer. I know it was my fault that the marker was still out from an package I had just addressed. Now remember all of this happened the first 45 mins of our day!!!

Harrison was really fun today just into everything, here he is really enjoying his dinner :). We played and did farm animal sounds most of the day. He did climb up on the counter today as well, another one of those things that when I tell John he will say "and where were you?" sometimes a girl just has to go to the bathroom. Harrison has really been copying everything and I mean EVERYTHING we do lately here he is with a set of keys trying to lock or unlock the door. The only problem is the door he has picked to practice on leads the garage so he has made a couple of tumbles down the steps (just 2 steps) lucky for him we have a large soft rug and the foot of those steps. He also got a q-tip the other day and tried to put it in his ear, now mind you it did come out of the trash can. He also tries to put John's ties on but can't figure out how to tie them just right yet. Just a few things he is learning to do. So I can't get far or get much done around here with out little red head wonder learning and trying so many new things.
This afternoon before his nap, or what was suppose to be his nap (he laid and played in his bed for over an hour and a half and never went to sleep) I told him we had to clean up and he started putting his toys in his table which he normally pays no attention to but that we do keep empty for reasons such as this. But he was so proud of himself for putting them up I did not have the heart to remind him that he does not get to play with the table. The clean up wishes did not work before bedtime however so I still have lots of embroidery, plenty of picking up to do along with laundry and dishes because I did not dare leave him alone long enough to do those things today. I did get to study some while he napped this morning and rested this afternoon, you know going to work looks really good on days like this:) Really I would trade my time with him for the world, but it is nice to get out with adults every once in a while too.

On a Happy Note... ISAIAH IS HOME...we can't wait to go see him!!!!


3 comments:

Jennifer Burgett said...

I'm exhausted just reading it . . . I can't imagine living it!

Papa and Nini said...

Harrison you tell Daddy that you and Mommie stay very busy all day long and some times she doesn't have time to keep house too if he want's a maid to hire one.You and Mama are far to busy to clean house.

Papa said...

I forgot to say how happy I am that Isaiah is home, that just proves that Jesus answers our prayers. I know you two will be happy to see each other.