Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 4th... what it means to us..

John and Ann Kelly Five years later....

Happy forth of July to every and happy Anniversary to My dear Husband. Five years ago we promised ourselves to each other in front of God, family, and friends. It has been a fun and interesting ride. I don't think either one of us thought we would be where we are today, doing what we are but God has blessed us beyond measure.

below is the letter I wrote to John on our wedding day and it is still so true.

John,

I tried to find a card, but I could not find one that even cam close to saying how much you mean to me. I know I am not the best at expressing my feelings, and there is no way I can put my feelings into words. But I wanted to let you know how much I love you.

When I am in your arms, I feel safe and for a few moments everything else goes away, I feel like I have found the home that I have searched for all my life. I have dreamed about the man that would have my heart, and as I think of you, I see so much more than I dreamed of. I have dreamed of my “Mr. Right”, the man that would love me through thick and thin, support me, enjoys family and friends. I know that God has placed you in my life as an answer to my prayers.

I love spending time with you, I love hearing stories about the things you have experienced, and the future that you dream of. I know that I have issues going on in my life right now, and I am sorry for causing you to go through them with me.

When you look at me I see how much you care, when you touch me, I feel like nothing can harm me. I have seen so many people unhappy in relationships, and I always thought I would rather be alone than to that unhappy. But, I cannot picture my life without you. When I think about my future I see you, when I picture my family, I see you at the head, I can’t see me without you.

I LOVE YOU, I don’t know what else I can say. I just wanted to stop for a few minutes on this very busy day to let you know I love the way you smile when you look into my eyes. I love the way you have trusted me. I love the way you make me feel every time you touch me. It’s like tasting ice cream for the first time, being in a place you never want to leave, and being happier than you ever dreamed of all at once. I love the way you dance and sing driving down the road. I Love the way you hold my hand while we are walking down the street. I love the way you are so careful when getting dressed. I love when you want us to “match”, I love the way you will start dancing with me while I am fixing dinner. I love that we can have fun together, whether we are in a park, driving, or having a water or flour fight.

I as sit and think about all the plans we have made, and now I see them happening before my eyes I am feeling millions of different things at once. I feel excited, nervous, happy, relieved, and clam all at once. Today is the most important day of our lives. Today is the beginning of our life together. You will always come first no matter what changes face us. I love you, you are my best friend, my love, my soul mate. Today we will show our love to those who love us. We will begin the journey I have waited and prayed for all my life.

Yours Forever, Ann Kelly


Our journey is still just beginning but we have had a great five years, and I look forward to many many more.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

THought about you guys first thing this morning. Wish we were home and Harrison could stay with us and you guys could get away. SOon though. Isaiah says he loves you guys as he sits and listens to you know who! Word is soon she is coming to see him :)

Freemad said...

Happy Anniversary!

Leslie said...

You look beautiful in your pictures. Have a wonderful day!