Thursday, August 28, 2008

YUMMY!!!

I have been looking forward to dinner ALL DAY and have eaten very little during the day waiting for dinner. Now, a lot of times when I look forward to some thing like this nothing turns out right but NOT TONIGHT!! everything was yummy and perfect. Most of this dinner was from our goodies from yesterday's trip to the farmer's Market. We have decided to go out of town for part of the weekend so I needed to use up as much as I could and boy did I ever.
Lima Beans from the farmer's market, I think this is the first time I have cooked fresh limas and they were sooooo good, I cooked them in water for about 30 mins with salt, butter and little pepper, they were prefect.

Then there are our purple potatoes which were really good they tasted about the same as white or yellow potatoes but they are just a little denser, than what we are used to. I cooked with lots of garlic, little butter and a little oil . Salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Yummy.

Then one of my faves asparagus with mushrooms (great deals from Sam's) with butter, lots of garlic, still bright green and mushrooms start turning brown, then add salt and pepper for just a min. and turn off WONDERFUL the mushrooms could not have been any better tonight.

HUNGRY YET???

In the center I had a piece of fresh mozzarella cheese with one of the best tomatoes of the summer, from the farmer's market with salt and pepper, nice and cool with all the other hot stuff. MUM MUM GOOD



Then the main attraction sliced bell peppers stuffed with meatloaf. I saw this idea the other day on the Food network and had to try the idea, I use my own meatloaf recipe but just put it in thick slices of bell peppers, from the farmer's market. This was yummy but the best part is how easy it is to serve, great for company. I am going to try to freeze some pepper rings while they are cheap. I freeze peppers to cook later so they should would out fine. I put salsa in the bottom of the baking dish before putting the stuffed peppers in the dish.

MY MEATLOAF

1 lb ground beef

1 slice of bread soaked in milk and excess drained off

1 egg

half of onion finely diced ( I usually put a bell pepper in diced too but not today since I was stuffing the peppers.

diced block cheese about a handful

I had some veggies too (shh. don't tell John). I chop some mushrooms up really fine and spinach too.

1 T mustard

1 T ketchup

salt, pepper, garlic salt, chili powder

MIX WITH HANDS, THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.

Then dust the top of loaf or stuffed peppers with more chili powder.

Bake at 350 degress till done through.



2 comments:

Leslie said...

You make me hungry! Don't you just love fiesta plates!?!

Hannah Fields said...

this sounds marvelous!!!