Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lasagna

I have added a new tool on the right side of the blog for you to sign up if you follow us click on the link that says follow this blog under the picture of Harrison in overalls.


Lasagna From Molly Durbin
1 ½ LB ground beef
½ LB ground pork, sausage
1 c chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 12 oz can tomatoes (may need 2)
1 can 15 oz can tomato sauce
2 ½ Tsp. Parsley flakes
1 ½ Tsp. Sugar 2 t salt
1 t oregano
1 t crushed basil
2 lb ricotta cheese
2 c Parmesan cheese
8 oz lasagna noodles cooked
1 lb mozzarella cheese grated

today I used about 3/4 hamburger, 1 lb sausage, fresh tomatoes instead of canned and my spaghetti sauce ( the batch that was very thin) and half a can of tomato paste. I also used pre shredded cheese instead of grating my self which is better but I needed a few mins savings today.
everything ready to get layered


The picture on the left is after the first layer the right picture is before it went into the oven


Cook and stir ground beef, pork, onion, garlic in heavy saucepan until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Add tomatoes and break up with fork stir in tomatoes sauce, 1 ½ T parsley sugar, 1 t salt, and basil. Simmer uncovered 1 hour until mixture is think.

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, 1T parsley, 1t salt, and oregano. In 13x9 dish, layer half each. Drained noodles, sauce, mozzarella cheese, ricotta mixture, repeat, saving enough sauce for a thin top layer. Sprinkle with 1 c Parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered 45 mins.
I served with a salad a my rustic bread you can find the recipe here

2 comments:

Hannah Fields said...

ok that is making my mouth water and it is only 9 am. YUM!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the idea of sauted mushrooms, artichokes, and lemon juice - that sounds like a winning combo I'll have to try. I bet fresh mushrooms and a can of artichokes would be fine in the crock pot too!