Thursday, September 18, 2008

A New Do, New toys, & New recipes

I have been saying for weeks that I was ready to cut my hair off. It had been as long as it has since High School and it just never looked right to me. I missed the easy of a short do, and the felling that it was fixed and not a mess. So I decided to go for it today. I think I about gave my hair dresser a stroke but she did fine, and I am glad that I did it. I know this is not a good picture but my camera's battery died so this is the best I have.
Harrison got a bag of wooden toys today that John's Grandfather had made for him when he was little. Harrison has had fun with them today.


Dinner was yummy tonight

Basil Noodles

1 1/4 cups fresh basil leaves
3 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs
1/4 cup plus 1 TBS water
2 tea. olive oil.

finely chop basil in processor, then mix with flour. add wet ingredients and mix into a dry dough. roll out of flour to 1/16 inch and cut. Hang to dry or lay on towel for one hour. (if I do these again I will cut the noddles much thinner they really puffed up when cooked)



Stuffed Pepper

small sweet pepper topped and the bottom cut enough for them to stand up on their own.
Filled with shredded chicken (I used rotisserie ) mozzarella cheese, a couple eggs, couple cups of bread crumbs. spinach, salt, pepper, garlic. Stuffed peppers with mixture, I made a couple patties for Harrison and baked at 350 or about 45 mins.

Served noddles, and peppers with a cream sauce with garlic and Spanish ( just Parmesan cheese milk, butter, flour, spices, and lemon)

I also put some asparagus and mushrooms in the over Yummy








4 comments:

Freemad said...

Cute cute!!!

It's always interesting to see the look a stylist gives you when you want a change.

The Snell Family said...

If I only knew how to take care of short hair....if it can't go in a pony tail - I don't know what to do!

Hannah Fields said...

love love the hair cut.I have been itching to do the same thing. seriously that is the style i was going for. where did you get yours done? i cannot find a consistant hair dresser. the last lady i went to quit. so i am back to square one.

Anonymous said...

UMMM it is cute but you know how much I like yours longer. But what can I say I am a fan of longer hair!!!

Hope you guys have had a good day. Ours has been a little different. Isaiah isn't feeling the greatest.

Talk to you tomorrow.