Monday, September 15, 2008

Today

What a BIG mess from just a little boy and his dog. This is what our living room looks like EVERYDAY. I have tried putting Thomas in his room but he brings it all out to the living room. I am hoping that once he gets his table he will leave Thomas in his room.
Crock Pot Chicken Nuggets -- from http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 T butter or olive oil (I used butter)
4 eggs--breadcrumbs, or a mixture of cracker, cereal, tortilla chip, etc. crumbs.
1 T flax seed meal (optional---I threw it in. They'll never know.)
The Directions.I used 6 chicken breast halves, and layered the cut up pieces in a 6 quart Smart Set Crock-Pot.Make sure the chicken is fully thawed. Cut into child-size pieces. I found that the smaller pieces I made cooked better than the larger ones. The larger ones also didn't get crispy on top---stick to about 2 inch pieces.
In a bowl, mix the melted butter or oil with the egg. Blend up the cracker and cereal crumbs to make a fine bread crumb mixture and pour into a pie plate.
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray. .Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, and then toss in the crumbs. Put a layer of battered chicken pieces in the bottom of the crock.
When the bottom is full, add a piece of aluminum foil. Poke tiny holes in the foil to allow steam to escape. I found that the layer I did with the most holes worked the best, and the layer I skimped on resulted in soggy topping. The holes are important.I made 4 layers with 6 cut-up chicken breast halves.Cover your crock, but vent the lid with a wooden spoon or chopstick. Cook on high for 2-4 hours.
If I do these again I will spray each layer of foil since my kinda stuck. These where not great but they chicken was very tender and juice and very yummy for our salads. Mine did not get to crispy. I froze a few so we will see how thaw in the oven later.


1 box (10.6 oz) Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Cereal(if you don't have access to Panda Puffs, you can substitute Rice Chex, Kix, Cheerios, etc. and add 1/2 cup peanut butter to the mixture.)
1/4 cup butter --
1 cup chocolate chips --
1 cup dried cranberries ( I did not use cranberries tonight)
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seed
1 cup powdered sugar--3 freezer size zipper bags
parchment paper or Release foil The Directions. use a large (5 qt or higher) crock pot. (I used a double boiler)
Put the chocolate chips and the butter into your crock pot. Turn it on low for about 90 minutes, or on high for about 45 minutes.When chocolate chips are beginning to lose shape, stir in cereal, cranberries, seeds, and almonds. Turn off crock pot. Spread out a big length of parchment paper or Release onto your counter top.Add 1/3 cup powdered sugar into each zipper bag. Shake and bake about a third of the chocolate cereal in each bag.Spread out on the foil or paper to cool.



Today I tried a recipe and I am not sure where I found it but I have been meaning to try it out for a while. It is suppose to be like Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix. It is not just like it but it is pretty good


Dressing Mix

15 saltines

2 cups minced Parsley Flakes

1/2 cup dry minced onion

2 TBSP Dry Dill Weed

1/4 c onion salt

1/4 c garlic salt

1/4 c garlic powder

1/4 c onion powder



Put saltines in food processor until powdered. add the rest ingredients and mix again. (next time I make it I am going to use a little less onion and garlic powder.
Store dry mix at room temperature for up to 1 year.
To make dressing mix
2 TBSP mix
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup butter milk ( I used whole milk)


Harrison had our chicken nuggets sweet potato fries from the freezer with some ranch dip. John and I had salads with cut up chicken nuggets and the reach dressing. Mine was a little thin tonight but it was still yummy.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Ann Kelly...I don't think I've ever commented on your blog but just wanted to let you know that I'd definitely one of your blog stalkers. I have to limit myself though, b/c I'm not quite (not even close) to the mom (Susie Homemaker) that you are, which often leads to a slight envy streak. LOL Just wanted to let you know that I always love and enjoy your pics, and new and creative ideas! Trey and I are looking forward to Harrison' B-Day party!! Yeah!!

Ann Kelly Parkhurst said...

Ashley,

I don't know about Susie Homemaker, you have to remember I went from Teaching full time, Children's minsitry part time (if that is possible), going to Grad school to being at home with a Hubby that works lots and lots. I have to stay busy to stay sane :) But thanks, looking forward to party day too.