Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Storm 09

12:30 ... I think the snow has stopped the sun is even shining now.
Lookng from the front door.
standing at the back door

looking down the street



The back Yard



9:30 am ...One Hour Later....















8:30 am





We are in the middle of a Ice Storm. Yesterday we got 4 inches of sleet, ice, and snow. Over night our trees began falling and now we have lots of snow falling (1 inch an hour) it is beautiful but so dangerous. We still have power, even though we did not for part of the night. Everyone we have spoke with this morning are without power. Mom and Dad also are out of power. Everyone else gets to stay home and but this is a very very busy time for John. Getting roofs fixed picking up customers and taking them to family and friends with power, taking gas to people etc. We are suppose to get several inches of snow today. I will go out and take more pictures later.


























3 comments:

Carla said...

Looks like you had even more ice than we did! No embroidery for me today...I'm afraid the power will go out in the middle of doing a design. I may set up a few designs and save them to disks and at least I can do them once we're in the clear. I hope those of us who have our power keep it and that those who don't, get it back soon! I know it's dangerous out there, but at least John is able to feel good about helping others.

Freemad said...

I told Chris today that I'm glad we aren't in Indiana with this ice storm. LOL!

Anyways, I'm glad to hear that you all are doing alright. Please be safe, especially John, and hopefully it'll start warming up soon.

Papa and Nini said...

We have been watching all of this on the TV and thank God you all have power and pray for the poor people and towns just a few miles north of us that are in total devastation. You all keep safe.