Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blck Bean Soup

Black Bean Soup
1 medium onion diced
1 garlic clove minced ( I used two)
2 TBS olive oil
2 cans chicken broth
3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained ( I used two cans black beans and one can pinto beans)
1 can ro tel ( I used a can of chopped tomatoes, some frozen banana peppers, and some lime pepper seasoning)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 TBS cilantro ( I did not have)
1 TBS lime juice ( I did not have but would make it better)
Saute onion and garlic ( I used the oil here instead of later) until tender
stir in broth and all other ingredients except cilantro and lime juice
cook about 10 mins stirring occasionally
stir in cilantro and lime juice and take off heat.
Process soup in batches, in blender or food processor until smooth, serve. ( I took out a couple cups of beans from the soup before blending to add a little texture, and I use my handy dandy submersion blender in the pot with the rest. )
I also added a little boiled and shredded chicken with taco seasoning in the soup.
I also have an attachment for a small food processor that I used for the onion, garlic, and peppers.

YUMMY




1 comment:

Carla said...

Matt wants me to try this! He really likes black beans!