Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Things

My Dad has decided that Harrison needs a rabbit and John gave the go ahead, so now we are the preparing for a rabbit. I went to Richmond this week to pick up part of a beef and Dad's and we brought this old hatch home for Harrison's rabbit when we get it. So today we cleaned it up, gave it some fresh paint and some new shingles on the top. We also went to the pet store to get a few items that we needed too. Dad went to a sale today where he thought he would be able to find the right rabbit but no luck so he is still looking. This morning when I went to get Harrison out of his bed he "told" me that Grandpa was getting his rabbit today and that it was going to be red, then later today he said its name was George. We told Grandpa but we are not holding our breath for a red rabbit.

Harrison also had another first this week. We went for a trial run on horse riding lessons. He did GREAT and had so much fun. He could get riding therapy but it was just not going to work out for the distance we would have to travel and the cost was outrageous with our insurance, but we were very pleased with the stable we found. Harrison has his first official lesson Monday and I will take my camera. This past week we did take a picture on a phone but I will post the real deal after his lesson Monday. The first couple weeks he will more than likely just have half a lesson twice a week to build up some strength since he does have some decreased trunk strength. But he is so excited.
I am excited about the warm weather we have been having and we even grilled out tonight. I like to grill extra when I get the grill going which cuts down on meals the next day. Tonight I grilled some country style ribs (which I had for dinner) hamburgers (which John had for dinner) and some chicken for a pasta dish for tomorrow, and lunch is ready for after church to boot. I also grilled some broccoli.
I also fixed some couscous which I don't think I have every fixed before, I enjoyed it but does not look like it will become a fave around here. The boys would not even try it.
I cooked my couscous in chicken broth and then stirred in some finely chopped stir fried veggies ( I had broccoli, carrots, corn) garlic, pepper, salt, Parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley.
Another one of our favorites is spinach artichoke dip
4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
1 package cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
1/2 c mayo
4 TBS shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 c milk
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 can artichokes hearts, drained, chopped
1. heat oven to 350 degrees. spray 1 quart glass dish with cooking spray
2. place spinach in casserole add 1/4 c water and microwave for 2 mins. drain and chop.
3. In large bowl beat cream cheese, mayo, 3 TBS Parmesan cheese, milk, garlic until blended. Then stir in spinach and artichokes. Pour into baking dish and cover with last 1 TBS of Parmesan
4. Bake 20-25 mins.

2 comments:

Papa said...

It sounds like Harrison is going a busy boy,with his horse back riding and a RED rabbit. The kids had rabbits till something got them by tearing a big hole in the cage. George sounds like a good name to me. The grilled food looks and sounds good to me.

Controlling My Chaos said...

Have fun with the rabbit. I've had a few rabbits for pets. I even had two classroom bunnies when I was teaching that I was able to litterbox train.