* Crescent Roll Dough full batch (if you don't have the want or time to make the homemade dough that is below, you can use canned crescent roils, you may need up to 3 can
* 1 lb. sausage fully cooked and drained
* 8 oz cream cheese, I used the reduced fat
* 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup sliced green onions (or what ever onion you have on hand)
* 2 teaspoons garlic salt
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. prepare and let dough rise fully. divide into 7 portions
2. in a large bow, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onions, and garlic and pepper. stir till combined well.
3. Roll out on portion of dough at a time on a floured surface, roll into a rectangle about 1/4 inch think. then cut into 6 or 8 sections.
4. place about 1 Tablespoon ( I use a small ice cream scoop) into the center or each cut sections. I put a little water around the edge of the dough and fold over and seal the seams of the dough.
5. bake at 375 for 15-18 mins or until lightly browned on top.
Homemade crescent rolls
These are not big and fluffy like deli crescents but great with a little honey over as a small dinner bread. I make a double batch when I do the above turnovers and so I can cook a few crescents to freeze, as well as freezing some of the dough for later use.
*1 T active dry yeast
* 1/2 c warm water
* 1 1/2 c milk
* 1/2 c butter, softened and cut into chunks
* 1/2 c sugar
* 1/2 potato flakes
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 6 to 6 1/2 c flour
1. dissolve the yeast in the warm water in large bowl. Add the milk, butter pieces, sugar, potato flakes, eggs and salt into the bowl. stir just to combine. Add three cups of flour and mix well, stirring until smooth. add as much of the remaining flour as possible till a stiff dough forms.
2. knead a few times, cover and let rise for 15 mins.
3. divide dough into half into a circle about 1/2 inch think. cut each circle into evenly wedges, about 16-18. roll the wedges from the wide end to the point. curve ends slightly and place on cookie sheet. cover and let rise for one hour. bake at 350 for 15-18 mins.
Corn Salad (I first had this at a salad supper but added a few extra things to it to make it my own, we have really enjoyed this salad this summer. I only put the chips in half the salad so we can add fresh chips the next day.)
* 6- 8 ears of fresh corn (could also use canned corn)
* 2 banana peppers sliced thin
* can of black beans drained and rinsed
* red onion sliced (not in the picture)
* about a cup for shredded cheddar cheese
* enough mayo to cover everything ( I use half low fat mayo and half low fat miracle whip)
* about 2 TBS of ranch dressing mix
* 1/2 bag of chili Frito's
I cook the corn and peppers with couple tablespoons of water for about 5 mins then drain and cool down with ice and running water. once corn is cool mix everything together and enjoy